Skyward Student Attendance
Skyward Family Access allows families to add absence requests or to indicate a day or range of days a student will not be in school. This feature allows families to add an absence request without being required to call the school!
FTCSC will begin the transition to online-only absence requests in August of 2022. During the first semester of the 2022-2023 school year, school offices will accept EITHER a phone call or an online absence request when a student misses school. Beginning in January of 2023, school offices will ONLY accept online absence requests when a student misses school. The front office receptionist will still be available for any emergency needs; however, absence requests will only be accepted via Skyward Family Access.
**A video description of how to enter absences in Skyward Family Access can be found HERE. Written directions are provided below.
- Sign in to Skyward Family Access. Forgot your password? Click HERE.
- Select the Attendance tile.
- Select the Absence Requests tab near the top left of the screen.
- Under the Year to Date Absence Requests heading, click Add Absence Request near the right of the screen.
- Complete the appropriate fields.
- Verify the Start Date or enter the correct date if necessary.
- Verify the End Date or enter the correct date if necessary.
- Uncheck the box for All Day if appropriate (if you uncheck this box, you will need to enter start and end times. The front office WILL NOT call your student down until you present a valid ID. Start and end times only indicate when you anticipate your child will be out of school, not when you want them in the front office ready for pickup)
- Enter an Attendance Reason.
- Enter a Comment to further describe the reason for the absence.
- Check the Copy Absence Request box for each child who should also have the absence request added.
- Click Save near the top left of the screen to save your work.
ATTENDANCE LINE: 317-803-8190
When a student is going to be absent the parent must call the attendance line (803-8190) and report it by 9:00 a.m. or upon returning to school following an absence or absences, the student shall bring a written statement. The note must contain dates of absences and reason as well as parent/guardian signature. These statements determine if the absence is excusable. Failure to report (verbal or written) a student absent within 24 hours will result in the absence being unexcused. Students will be considered unexcused for all absences other than those stipulated by administrative guidelines, state, or federal statutes.